Part of the United Way of Perry County and the United Way of Crawford County's mission is to "improve the quality of life for the people we serve."
We do this by making an impact on our communities:
The United Way of Perry County's Focus Areas are:
- through our collaborative Community Impact work with local organizations,
- by coordinating programs that impact our citizens in everyday life, and
- by funding our Community Partners who are providing valuable services that focus on our priorities
- Education – Helping children and youth achieve their potential
- Emergency Assistance – Assisting families in need
- Health – Improving the health of local residents
These are the basic building blocks of life that allow for a family to have a better life in our community.
What is Community Impact?
- Improving the lives of all people in a community – not just clients of programs funded by United Way.
- Pinpointing the root causes of problems that threaten our community – developing strategies and partnerships to change them.
- Working in a multi-faceted role with the partners that can play a role in changing community conditions.
- Going beyond the annual campaign to create long-term, ongoing relationships with diverse community investors.
Your continuing involvement with the United Way will help create lasting change. Your expertise, energy and relationships are vital resources, since Community Impact is an effort that’s owned by the entire community.
We direct those resources to efforts that target the underlying causes of issues that affect our community – and which deliver measurable, long-term results. United Way’s community partners are doing great work every day however, there will always be a need for basic needs, prevention, and development programs.
Community Impact takes that work one step further. Working together with a broad range of community partners – funded partners, schools, faith-based groups, businesses, energized individuals, local government and more – we’re seeking results that no one can accomplish alone.